One of the simple tests of physical prowes is the Ruffier test, which is based on the pulse rate measurement before and after the physical stress.
- at first, when sitting, count at your wrist number of beats TF1 for 15 seconds
- do 30 squats in regular pace, i. e. 1 squat per second
- immediately after the performance sit down and count the number of beats TF2 for 15 seconds
- sit calm and try to stay calm for 1 minute
- then count the beats TF3 for 15 seconds
Enter the values into the formula of so-called Ruffier index (RI):
RI= [ (TF1 + TF2 + TF3) × 4 - 200]/10
The result shows number of points reached and your physical prowess is measured.
Lower than 0
0,1 - 5
5,1 - 10
10,1 - 15
vyšší než 15